Building Use Rules
The district has developed some basic rules governing proper conduct when using its buildings, listed here.
- The application of material to walls, ceilings or floors is prohibited unless previously approved.
- Burning of candles is prohibited.
- Proper footwear must be worn on appropriate surfaces. For example, soft-soled shoes must be worn on gym floors.
- Users must remove their excess materials, equipment, furnishings and rubbish after using the facilities. Return room furniture to the original set-up.
- Building users shall not practice unlawful discrimination of any kind.
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco, narcotics, or other dangerous drugs are not permitted in school facilities or on school property at any time.
- To conserve energy, building users are expected to end activities by 9:30 p.m. Please keep that in mind as you determine if a school or other district building is the best site for your meeting or event.
- District employees may not use district facilities for a for-profit enterprise. District employees who operate summer camps for a non-profit organization must pay the use fee appropriate for that organization.
- The school district has an absolute right of cancellation without liability. Every effort will be made to provide the user a 24-hour notice.
- If the Washington State Department of Health/Public Health imposes additional requirements due to COVID-19, then the District will expect these requirements to be followed by all community users.
More guidelines are listed on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Although the district operates its schools as nonpublic forum, these procedures are designed to create a limited public forum for the use of the District’s facilities, subject to the requirements set forth in these procedures and the district’s regulations. The district may modify these procedures and its regulations or close the forum at any time without cause and without incurring any liability.