Juanita Elementary Affirmation Mirror

Strong kids begin with strong minds. That's why Jordan McClellion at Juanita Elementary is nurturing her students to see the best in themselves through the "affirmation mirror" station.

Redmond, Wash. - Lake Washington School District is planning three ballot measures for the February 8, 2022 election. The measures are a replacement of the existing Educational Programs and Operations (EP&O) levy, a replacement of the existing School Technology and Capital Levy, and a Building Excellence Capital levy. A recommendation was presented to the Board of Directors on October 4, and they formally approved the levies at their October 18 board meeting.



    Choice Transfers

    Public school students in Washington state may request a transfer from their “resident” district, where they live, to attend school in another public school district, where they do not reside. This is known as a Choice Transfer.

    How to transfer out of Lake Washington School District

    We are sorry to see you go but understand that sometimes individual students need specific programs this district does not offer. To attend school in another public school district, you must apply for a transfer.

    How to transfer into Lake Washington School District

    Lake Washington School District has a very limited number of spaces available for students living outside the district.  These transfers are approved on a space available basis, after transfers within the district have been accommodated.  Please check the Closed Schools list to determine if the school you are interested in is open for Choice Transfers.  Requests to closed schools will be automatically denied.

    Inter-District Agreements

    Inter-district Agreements are different than Choice Transfers. An Inter-district Agreement application/form is required when a student is requesting shared enrollment between LWSD and another WA State public school district with whom we have an established agreement.

    For more information on transfers between districts, contact Paula Ogbevoen at 425-936-1200.