EMS Food Drive

'Tis the Season of Giving in Lake Washington School District (LWSD). Each year schools and district buildings across LWSD think of ways to benefit those most in need during the holiday season.

Lake Washington School District (LWSD) community – we want your input! The LWSD Facility Advisory Committee (FAC) is offering you an opportunity to tour a virtual “open house” to learn about their recommendations, and to provide your feedback before they move their recommendations to the School Board for approval.

Click here to participate in this online feedback opportunity:



    Between District Transfers

    Public school students in Washington state may request a transfer from their “resident” district, where they live, to attend school in another public school district, where they do not reside. This is known as an inter-district transfer or Choice Transfer.

    How to transfer out of Lake Washington School District

    We are sorry to see you go but understand that sometimes individual students need specific programs this district does not offer. To attend school in another public school district, you must apply for a transfer.

    How to transfer into Lake Washington School District

    Lake Washington School District has a very limited number of spaces available for students living outside the district.  These transfers are approved on a space available basis, after transfers within the district have been accommodated.  Please check the Closed Schools list to determine if the school you are interested in is open for Choice Transfers.  Requests to closed schools will be automatically denied.

    For more information on transfers between districts, contact Paula Ogbevoen at 425-936-1200.