Students in Katie Jacobs’ fourth grade class at Franklin Elementary worked on building hydraulic powered claws in class during the month of May. This end of the year STEM project led to seeing life-sized machines up close and in person.
Summer Programs 2022
Elementary and high school registration: May 26 - June 24
WANIC summer semester application opens April 19
2022 LWSD Summer Programs include in-person Elementary School Core and Enrichment Camps, in-person High School Core, in-person WANIC Summer Semester and High School DigiPen, and remote High School Accelerated Math courses. The accelerated math courses allow students to move more quickly through the LWSD math pathways resulting in higher-level math options in their junior and senior years of high school.
We will be offering 2022 summer programs primarily to support students in grades K-3 who are not reading at grade level, for high school students who may need additional credits towards on-time graduation, and for students who need special education services.
Summer program models
High School Accelerated Math courses (Accelerated Algebra 1 and Accelerated Geometry) will be conducted remotely with ongoing support from certificated and classified staff. Both periods must be attended.
The Intervention Invitation-Only High School Credit Retrieval Program will be supported in person with certificated staff. Students will attend a.m., p.m., or both.
- Elementary Title 1 Summer School Program (T1SS) - Current grades K-4 (in person)
- Elementary Summer Literacy Academy (ESLA) - Current grades K-4 (in person)
- Elementary Multilingual Learner Core Academic Program - Current grades K-4 (in person)
- Elementary Discuss, Describe and Debate Summer Camp - Current grades 3 and 4 (in person)
- Middle School Summer Bridge Academy - Current grades 6-8 (remote)
- Middle School Prep - Current 5th grade students (in person)
- High School Multilingual Learner ELA Credit Retrieval - Current grades 9-12 (in person)
- High School Credit Retrieval Program - Current grades 9-12 (in person)