The Family Literacy Night at John Muir Elementary School was a big success. Families were able to enjoy literacy activities like fun tongue twisters, reading tic-tac-toe, a book fair and a book giveaway.
In 2023 the following summer programs will be offered:
- Fee-based in-person core academic elementary summer school
- Fee-based in-person elementary enrichment summer camps
- Fee-based virtual core academic high school summer school
- Fee-based virtual secondary accelerated math classes
- In-person WANIC summer semester (enrollment by lottery)
- In-person invitational intervention programs (counselor invitation)
The accelerated math courses (Accelerated Algebra 1 and Accelerated Geometry) allow students to move more quickly through the LWSD math pathways resulting in higher-level math options in their junior and senior years of high school. Accelerated Algebra 1 and Accelerated Geometry will be conducted virtually with ongoing support from certificated staff.
The counselor invitation-only Intervention High School Credit Recovery Program, which will be held in-person at Lake Washington High School, will be both traditional courses and FuelEd courses and are free to students who need credit recovery. Students can attend a.m., p.m. or both periods.
Please check the charts below for 2023 summer school program’s general information and contact emails for each program.
Additional information and catalogs with course specifics and costs for fee-based programs, along with registration information, will be available after spring break.
Questions about a summer program? See below for contact information:
- Fee-based programs – Elementary & Secondary Core Academic, Elementary Enrichment Camps, Secondary Math Acceleration: email@example.com
- Invitational programs – Elementary Summer Literacy Camp, Elementary Title 1, Middle School Bridge Academy, Middle School Prep, High School Credit Recovery: InterventionDept-SummerProgs@lwsd.org
- Extended School Year (For student-specific questions, please contact your student’s IEP team.): firstname.lastname@example.org
- WANIC summer semester: Summer course and program information