In January, six high school teams in Lake Washington School District competed in the 7th Annual High School Culinary Competition.
Due to student absences directly connected to COVID-19 and in preparation for possible closures, our district staff has created learning resources that students may complete at home. We will be using digital tools that are familiar to students, families and staff in our district.
Our goal is to provide students and families with learning opportunities that can be used at home. These activities are not meant to replace daily classroom instruction and will not be graded. When students return to school, our teachers will continue to build on the learning that was occurring prior to absences or closures. We will continue to update and guidance throughout any closure.
Learning Resources Directions
In these challenging times, the Lake Washington School District understands the importance of keeping students engaged in learning. The district is offering supports to our students and families. Below you will find a menu of Learning Resources for preschool, elementary and secondary students including special programs.
Please go to your student’s grade level below to access a list of learning options.
If you are accessing additional resources through PowerSchool Learning, please note: PowerSchool Learning may be slow and they are working to improve performance. Visit the PowerSchool status page for up-to-date information.
- When will teachers begin sending resources to families?
- How often will teachers post learning resources for students?
- How can students and families communicate with teachers during the closure?
- Will learning resources be graded?
- Who can I contact if I’m having trouble accessing the resources?
- Are there other options for families and students to access learning opportunities?
- How much time should my child spend on the learning resources that are provided each day?
- Why are we not converting entirely to online distance learning at this time?
- Will there still be state testing?
- What are the plans for Advanced Placement exams?
- How will the closures impact graduation?
- What additional supports is the school district providing during closure?