The Family Literacy Night at John Muir Elementary School was a big success. Families were able to enjoy literacy activities like fun tongue twisters, reading tic-tac-toe, a book fair and a book giveaway.
Early Entrance to Kindergarten FAQ
Frequently asked questions about the Early Entrance to Kindergarten evaluation
- What is the birthday cutoff for testing?
- What is the cutoff date for registering for kindergarten without doing Early Entrance Testing?
- What assessment areas are evaluated for Early Entrance to Kindergarten?
- What are typical qualifying scores for early entrance?
- What percent of children tested qualify for early entrance?
- Where do I get the application?
- When will I know the testing dates?
- Who does the testing?
- How long does the assessment session take?
- What happens if my child cannot complete the assessments?
- Can my child take the assessment more than once?
- When will I know the results of the testing?
- How much does the screening and testing cost?
- What if I do not live in the Lake Washington School District attendance area?
- When will I be able to register my child in Kindergarten?
- I had my child privately tested and/or assessed in another school district. Can I submit these results with the application?
- What if my child doesn’t qualify for early entrance to Kindergarten?
- Does my child need to read and write?
- What if my child needs accommodations due to a diagnosed disability?
- What can I do to prepare my child for the assessments?
- Do you provide a translator for my child?
- If my child attends a private Kindergarten can they then go into the public school?
- What do I do if I would like my child to attend first grade early?