On November 17 and 18, seventh and eighth grade Visual Art students from Rose Hill Middle School took a field trip to the Seattle Art Museum.
Physical Education Credit Option
To earn a high school diploma, students must earn two health and fitness credits. 1.5 credits represent the fitness portion of the requirement, and are met by course work in physical education (PE). The other .5 credit is met by taking a health course.
Lake Washington School District recognizes the importance of the development of healthy habits that include physical fitness and emotional well-being and provides a variety of classes to fulfill the 1.5 credit fitness requirement. A full list of health and PE classes being offered is available on each school’s website.
There may be special circumstances where a student may have an alternative option to meet this requirement. Students must fill out the Appendix E of the graduation policy and have it approved by a principal or designee to be eligible for this option. The alternative Physical Education option is available for high school juniors and seniors.
Special Circumstances to Access these Alternative Options:
In accordance with RCW 28A.230.05, individual students may be excused from participating in physical education (PE) otherwise required on account of physical disability, employment, or religious belief, or because of participation in directed athletics or military science and tactics or for other good cause. Students must fill out Appendix E of the graduation policy and list the special circumstance that applies.
The Fitness Plan will be offered to students beginning in the students’ 11th grade school year. The Fitness Plan is a cognitive, written assignment. Students will have three opportunities to submit a Fitness Plan during the 2022-23 school year.
- Before the Closing Date
Directions to prepare and submit your Fitness Plan:
- Complete the form that is Appendix E of the graduation policy and submit to principal or designee for approval.
- Download the Fitness Plan Document. Read all directions.
- Download the High School Fitness Assessment and Plan Study Guide
- Complete and save your Fitness Plan document. Double-check all questions and ensure all your answers are detailed and completed.
- Upload your document to Turnitin.com.
- Use the latest Class ID and password on the website (see Closing Date). Old Class IDs and passwords will not work.
- You will receive an email confirmation in your inbox or junk folder.
- Closing Date
The 2022-23 Fitness Plan Dates
Wednesday, October 26, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
Class ID: 36647274
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023 by 11:59 p.m.
- After the Closing Date
The fitness assessment team will take at least four weeks to grade all fitness plans. Students will receive an email when scores have been submitted to Skyward. To be proficient and pass this assessment, you are required to score 3 or higher in each of three parts of the test. Students who do not meet proficiency (a score of 2.5 or lower in each of three parts) will need to revise the parts that were not proficient. For example, if a student scored a 3 on part 1 and part 2, but a 2.5 on part 3. This student would only need to revise part 3.
Scores on Skyward
To view your score, log into Student Access and click on the “Test Scores,” tab. Then choose, “PE-Fitness_Plan,” and click “Show Scores.”
- Copies of any plans not passed will be sent to your school counselor to be distributed to you.
- When revising, please review the comments written on the plan and make the necessary corrections before re-submitting.
- The new turnitin.com Class ID and Enrollment Key for the next submission will be on this page under “Closing Date”. Please note: Old turnitin.com passwords will no longer work.
- Revisions are due by the next closing date listed on this webpage under “Closing Date”.
Teaching & Learning Specialist
Health and Physical Education