THIS RECOMMENDATION WAS APPROVED BY THE SCHOOL BOARD ON MARCH 27, 2023
The boundary committee has completed its work and has developed a final boundary recommendation. The final recommendation adjusts elementary and middle school attendance areas in the Lake Washington High School feeder pattern. Student enrollment is distributed throughout the Lake Washington area. Elementary attendance changes would occur in the 2023-24 school year and middle school changes in the 2024-25 school year.
The recommendation is posted below.
The boundary committee appreciates the significant amount of community input and feedback it has received throughout the process. In November and January, the boundary committee held community feedback meetings to gather input. The boundary committee thanks all who took the time to provide feedback.
The boundary committee's final recommendation was presented to the Superintendent on February 14. The Superintendent has taken all input into consideration and is presenting a final recommendation to the board.
The board will receive the formal boundary presentation and recommendation at the March 6 board meeting and will take formal action at the March 27 board meeting.
Goes into effect beginning with the 2023-24 school year
To Franklin Elementary:
- Rush area: Area west of 148th Ave NE
To Rose Hill Elementary:
- Twain area: Area east of 132nd Ave NE and south of NE 104th St
To Rush Elementary:
- Audubon area: Eaves Apartments – All units (units OO-ZZ currently attend Rush). Note: Newly constructed Avalon Apartments 15602 NE 40th St, Redmond remain at Audubon.
Changes go into effect beginning with the 2024-25 school year. A total elementary school attendance area will be assigned to attend specific Lake Washington area middle schools.
To Kirkland Middle School:
- Lakeview Elementary attendance area
- Kirk Elementary attendance area
- Twain Elementary attendance area
To Rose Hill Middle School:
- Audubon Elementary attendance area
- Franklin Elementary attendance area
- Rose Hill Elementary attendance area
- Rush Elementary attendance area