Lake Washington School District is committed to prioritizing sustainability. Due to various logistical and financial considerations, LWSD has not yet been able to implement electric buses. However, LWSD is actively engaged in seeking grants and exploring funding opportunities that would help with the transition to electric buses. This work demonstrates LWSD's dedication to reducing its carbon footprint and fostering an environmentally-conscious transportation system for students.
- How many buses are in the Lake Washington fleet?
- Does Lake Washington have any electric buses?
- Can old diesel buses be replaced with electric?
- How much do electric buses cost?
- Are there other ways to pay for new electric buses?
- Would the district save money by transitioning to electric buses?
- How is Lake Washington minimizing emissions in the meantime?