Welcome to the 2021-22 school year! Watch this video to see Clara Barton Elementary School students and staff share their excitement on this special day.
Panorama Education Survey
We believe that for all students to succeed, they must be safe and feel a sense of belonging. Lake Washington School District is committed to this outcome for each of our students by continuing to build social, emotional and behavioral systems. Students’ perceptions and voice around how they experience their well-being, safety, relationships, school climate and culture, and educational experience are vital in supporting a thriving school environment and community.
What is Panorama?
Our district partners with a leader in social and emotional learning (SEL), Panorama Education, to survey students twice a year: fall and spring. Panorama develops survey tools that empower schools and districts to learn about students’ self-perceptions, better understand student experiences in their learning environment, and identify opportunities to enhance social and emotional learning support of students, school staff, and families.
What is social emotional learning?
"Social and emotional learning (SEL) is an integral part of education and human development. SEL is the process through which all young people and adults acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to develop healthy identities, manage emotions and achieve personal and collective goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain supportive relationships, and make responsible and caring decisions.
"SEL advances educational equity and excellence through authentic school-family-community partnership to establish learning environments and experiences that feature trusting and collaborative relationships, rigorous and meaningful curriculum and instruction, and ongoing evaluation. SEL can help address various forms of inequity and empower young people and adults to co-create thriving schools and contribute to safe, healthy, and just communities."
CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning; December 2020)
Participation in the survey is voluntary for students in grades 3-12.
- The social, emotional, and motivational skills that help students excel in school, career and life.
- Example topics: Growth Mindset, Self-Efficacy, Social Awareness
- Students’ positive and challenging feelings, as well as how supported they feel through relationships with others.
- Example topics: Positive Feelings, Challenging Feelings
- The environment in which students learn, which influences their academic success and social-emotional development.
- Example topics: Sense of Belonging, Diversity and Inclusion
- Teacher and staff perspectives on their professional well-being, the work environment, and their capacity to support student SEL.
- Example topics: Well-Being, Professional Learning About SEL
How survey results are used by teachers, schools and the district
- Equity-focused data analysis and action plan/planning around:
- Implementing and evaluating Well-Being initiatives
- Developing and sustaining supportive classroom environments including PBIS implementation
- Planning for culturally responsive, explicit social emotional learning
- Supporting integration of social emotional learning and instruction
- Identifying areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Influence and plan professional learning for staff
- Assess school climate and culture
- Shape tiered student supports and interventions
- Identify disparities among students (specifically racial disparities) and provide targeted supports for these student groups
Privacy and identity protection
Student results are shown in the platform at the topic level. Their individual answers to questions are not displayed. Only staff who work with the student have access to the topic level results.
For any of the demographic group information, results are only displayed if there are at least five responses. If any portion of a demographic group has less than five responses, those results are aggregated for confidentiality.
- Fall 2020 Back to School Results
- Spring 2021 Survey Results – Awaiting results
- 2020-21 Executive Summary – Awaiting results
- Any questions regarding the purpose of the survey or survey procedures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any questions regarding student privacy, please contact email@example.com.