Intermediate elementary band and orchestra students from Kirk, Lakeview and Community Elementary Schools ended their year with a public concert at Third Place Commons in Lake Forest Park, Wash.
Special Needs Parent Groups
Parent groups are vitally important partners in the education of our students with special needs
PTSA Special Needs Group
The Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) Special Needs Group is made up of parents in Lake Washington School District whose children receive special services (IEP) and/or classroom support (504), and parents interested in resources and support for any student with learning challenges. The group meets every month except for December and June. Anyone is welcome to attend these informative meetings, which provide opportunities to:
- Hear from speakers
- Learn about resources in the community
- Network with other parents
- Keep updated on district and PTSA issues affecting children with special needs
As meeting topics are determined, details will be posted to the LW Council PTSA website at http://www.lwptsa.net/special-needs.
Click here for the LWPTSA Special Needs Parent Brochure.
For more information and/or to be added to the email list for this group, contact Laurel Spaeth.
- Meetings: Third Tuesday of each month during the school year, except September, December, February and June (see below for exact dates)
- Time: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
LWSD Resource Center (at Redmond Town Center)
16250 NE 74th St
Redmond, WA 98052
- Date and Room:
- October 16, 2018 - Board Room Dr. Hitch's Presentation
- November 20, 2018 - Board Room
- January 15, 2019 - Board Room
- February 26, 2019 - Board Room
- March 19, 2019 - Board Room
- April 16, 2019 - Board Room
- May 21, 2019 - Board Room
PTSA Special Needs liaisons
It is our goal that every campus in Lake Washington School District have a PTSA Special Needs Liaison. The liaison keeps the families of that school informed of the PTSA Special Needs Group's upcoming monthly meetings. They can often answer a family's questions about special education. To find out the name of your campus PTSA Special Needs Liaison, contact your school PTSA. If your campus does not have a liaison to answer your questions and / or you would like to learn more about becoming a liaison, please contact Laurel Spaeth.
Liaisons: A district-wide group has been formed on Yahoo Groups to share information about dyslexia. To join, contact Margaret Adams and Judi Radloff. We hope to have additional Yahoo Groups formed for sharing information on other specific areas of interest.