When schools closed in March, the traditional end-of-year band concerts that showcase a year’s worth of practice and progress were effectively canceled. Rose Hill Middle School (RHMS) Band Instructor, Angela Laulainen got creative during the remote learning period and had her students record their parts at home.
FAQ about Assistive Technology
- Who is an AT Specialist and what is their role?
- Can students bring school-provided AT home?
- Can my student use personal technology?
- What happens to AT when a child moves or graduates?
- Who would benefit from using Assistive Technology in school?
- Who provides AT for a student with a disability?
- What is the process for acquiring AT in LWSD?
- How are AT tools chosen in LWSD?
- How is AT documented in IEPs in LWSD?
- All of the children in my child's secondary school have individual computer devices provided by LWSD. Shouldn't this be listed as Assistive Technology in my child's IEP?
- Are there parent trainings?