Watch this video from LWSD Superintendent Dr. Jon Holmen, welcoming students back to the 2022-23 school year.
FAQ about Assistive Technology
- Who is an AT Specialist and what is their role?
- Can students bring school-provided AT home?
- Can my student use personal technology?
- What happens to AT when a child moves or graduates?
- Who would benefit from using Assistive Technology in school?
- Who provides AT for a student with a disability?
- What is the process for acquiring AT in LWSD?
- How are AT tools chosen in LWSD?
- How is AT documented in IEPs in LWSD?
- All of the children in my child's secondary school have individual computer devices provided by LWSD. Shouldn't this be listed as Assistive Technology in my child's IEP?
- Are there family/caregiver trainings?