It was moved from in-person meetings in board rooms to virtual sessions on the computer, but this year’s Lake Washington School District (LWSD) Teen Startup Challenge was as successful as ever.
Safety and Security
What Is a Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP)?
A Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) is a documented plan with elements that address all natural and man-made emergencies and disasters to which an entity is vulnerable.
There are five components of a CEMP:
- Prevention - Measures taken to eliminate potential hazards or risks
- Protection - Written plans and changes to the physical environment that reduce the exposure to hazards or risks
- Mitigation - Actions taken to reduce the expected loss due to hazards or risks
- Response - Functional measures in place to ensure proper actions are taken during an emergency
- Recovery - Processes and resources that enable the return to normal activity
Executive Safety Team
To set overall direction of districtwide safety and security measures. In conjunction with the Safety Advisory Committee, decides on safety enhancements to include in district funding measures presented for Board approval.
Meets quarterly to assess current safety needs and ensure response to changing conditions.
Chair: Dr. Jon Holmen - Superintendent
- Barbara Posthumus - Associate Superintendent of Business & Support Services
- Matt Gillingham – Associate Superintendent of Student & Community Services
- Brian Buck – Director of Support Services
- Scott Emry - Director of Risk and Safety Services
- Rick Burden – Director of Elementary Education
- Shannon Parthemer – Director of Communications
- Sally Askman - Assistant Superintendent of Technology & Information Services
- Cat Robinson - Emergency Manager
Safety Advisory Committee
To provide districtwide guidance with our community partners in safety, security and emergency preparedness.
Meets monthly to assess implementation of safety protocols, assess implementation and training needs to ensure response to changing conditions.
Chair: Scott Emry, Director of Risk and Safety Services
- King County Sheriff
- Kirkland Police Department, Fire Department, Office of Emergency Management
- Redmond Police Department, Fire Department
- Sammamish Police Department, Office of Emergency Management
- Eastside Fire & Rescue
- Evergreen Health
- LWSD building and central office administrators