LWSD Nutrition Services is offering free breakfast February 5 – March 9 to all elementary and middle school students at schools where breakfast is usually served.
Ready Start Preschool Program
What is Ready Start?
The Ready Start program offers a comprehensive early childhood learning experience. Classes include typically developing children from the community who attend Ready Start to receive a quality, general education preschool experience in preparation for kindergarten, as well as students receiving special education. Our excellent preschool education is now offered through a fee-based program. Students in the fee-based program are registered based on available space. Students qualifying for special education or students at risk based on income level do not pay a fee for attendance. At-risk student selection is based on completion of a Head Start application.
Ready Start Preschool Program Information:
- Each classroom has three adult educators:
- One Special Education Teacher
- One General Education Lead Teacher
- One Para Educator
- Additional staff serves classrooms based on individual student needs, including:
- Occupational therapist
- Speech and language pathologist
- Physical therapist
- Family support specialist
- The staff works together to provide the best environment for learning for all of the children.
- Instruction is taught from research-based general pre-K curriculum.
Ready Start Preschool Program will start accepting tuition-base applications March 23
Lake Washington School District's Ready Start Preschool Program will start accepting tuition-based applications for the 2018-19 school year on March 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Registration takes place at the Resource Center (16250 NE 74th Street, Redmond). If more children are registered on March 23 between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. for any one location or session (a.m. or p.m.) than we have availability, a lottery for each Preschool building will be held March 29 to determine the students in those classes. To be included in the lottery:
- A complete registration packet is required
- Children must be registered on March 23 between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Parents will be notified of results by the end of April. After March 23, applications will be accepted at the Resource Center on any school day from 9:00 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Limited space is still available at some locations. Please contact the preschool registrar at 425-936-1226 for more information.
The Ready Start program offers a comprehensive early childhood learning experience for 4-year-olds who live within the district boundary. The goal of the Ready Start program is to provide students with a quality, general-education preschool experience that prepares them for kindergarten. This program also serves students who are eligible to receive special education services.
Preschool classes are offered four days per week. Currently, classes are offered on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The morning class is offered from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and the afternoon class is from 1:30 to 4:00 p.m. (Times are based on the 2017-18 school year and are subject to change. Times may not be announced until August 2018.)
Program locations for 2017-18 are below (locations for 2018-19 are expected to be the same and will be confirmed in August 2018):
- Kirkland: Bell Elementary, Juanita Elementary, Muir Elementary, Sandburg Elementary
- Redmond: Dickinson Elementary, Rush Elementary
- Sammamish: Carson Elementary
Registration for the Ready Start tuition-based program is handled at the District Resource Center. The cost of the program for the 2017-18 school year is $3,000 ($300 per month). Fees for 2018-19 are subject to change.
- Fine motor
- Gross motor
- Social / emotional
- Adaptive skills
If you are concerned that your child may have developmental delays, contact Child Find at 425-936-2760 to determine if an assessment is appropriate for your child.
To register for the fee-based program
- Children must be 4 years of age to attend.
- Immunizations must be current.
- Tuition: The monthly tuition is $300 per month. The district offers two payment options:
- Prepayment for the full year
- Payment made monthly through the use of an automated clearing house (ACH)
- Parents will be responsible for the child's transportation.
If you are interested in securing a spot for your child, please contact the district office for a complete application package by calling 425-936-1226 and a packet and/or information will be sent to you. Your spot is only reserved after we receive a complete application package and a deposit of $300. These funds will be applied to the last month’s tuition in June. Once we receive your deposit we will confirm your child’s spot.
LWSD Resource Center
16250 NE 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052