Eighth-graders at Stella Schola Middle School received a rare visit with renowned fantasy-fiction author Terry Brooks on January 22.
Ready Start Preschool Program
What is Ready Start?
The Ready Start program offers a comprehensive early childhood learning experience. Classes include typically developing children from the community who attend Ready Start to receive a quality, general education preschool experience in preparation for kindergarten, as well as students receiving special education. Our excellent preschool education is now offered through a fee-based program. Students in the fee-based program are registered based on available space. Students qualifying for special education or students at risk based on income level do not pay a fee for attendance. At-risk student selection is based on completion of a Head Start application.
Ready Start Preschool Program Information:
- Each classroom has three adult educators:
- One Special Education Teacher
- One General Education Lead Teacher
- One Para Educator
- Additional staff serves classrooms based on individual student needs, including:
- Occupational therapist
- Speech and language pathologist
- Physical therapist
- Family support specialist
- The staff works together to provide the best environment for learning for all of the children.
- Instruction is taught from research-based general pre-K curriculum.
Ready Start Preschool Program will be accepting applications for the 2019-20 school year soon.
Lake Washington School District's Ready Start Preschool Program will start accepting tuition-based applications for the 2019-20 school year soon. Exact date to be determined by the beginning of March 2019. The 2019-20 new tuition rates will be determined by April 2019. Please check back to our website in late February 2019.
Limited space is still available at some locations for the 2018-19 school year. Please contact the preschool registrar at 425-936-1226 for more information.
The Ready Start program offers a comprehensive early childhood learning experience for 4-year-olds who live within the district boundary. A pilot program for 3-year-olds is available at Carson Elementary and Dickinson Elementary preschool locations, with limited space. The goal of the Ready Start program is to provide students with a quality, general-education preschool experience that prepares them for kindergarten. This program also serves students who are eligible to receive special education services.
Preschool classes are offered four days per week. Currently, classes are offered on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The morning class is offered from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and the afternoon class is from 1:30 to 4:00 p.m. (Times are are subject to change.)
Program locations for 2018-19 are below:
- Kirkland: Bell Elementary, Juanita Elementary, Muir Elementary, Sandburg Elementary
- Redmond: Dickinson Elementary, Rush Elementary
- Sammamish: Carson Elementary
Registration for the Ready Start tuition-based program is handled at the District Resource Center. The cost of the program for the 2017-18 school year was $3,000 ($300 per month). Fees for 2018-19 are subject to change.
- Fine motor
- Gross motor
- Adaptive skills
If you are concerned that your child may have developmental delays, contact Child Find at 425-936-2760 to determine if an assessment is appropriate for your child.
To register for the fee-based program
- Children must be 4 years of age to attend. (A pilot program for 3-year-olds is available at Carson Elementary and Dickinson Elementary Preschools, with limited space.)
- Immunizations must be current.
- Tuition: The monthly tuition is $300 per month. The district offers two payment options:
- Prepayment for the full year
- Payment made monthly through the use of an automated clearing house (ACH)
- Parents will be responsible for the child's transportation.
If you are interested in securing a spot for your child, please contact the district office for a complete application package by calling 425-936-1226 and a packet and/or information will be sent to you. Your spot is only reserved after we receive a complete application package and a deposit of $300. These funds will be applied to the last month’s tuition in June. Once we receive your deposit we will confirm your child’s spot.
LWSD Resource Center
16250 NE 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052