Lake Washington School District has a strong and active middle school band program, with classes for everyone from beginners to students with years of experience.
Lake Washington School District Preschool Program
The Lake Washington Preschool Program offers a comprehensive early childhood learning experience. Classes include typically developing children from the community who attend the Lake Washington Preschool Program to receive a quality, general education preschool experience in preparation for kindergarten, as well as students receiving special education. Our excellent preschool education is offered through a tuition-based program. Students in the tuition-based program are registered based on available space. Students qualifying for special education or students at risk based on income level do not pay a fee for attendance. Non-tuition student selection is based on completion of a Head Start application.
Lake Washington Preschool Program Information:
- Each classroom has:
- One Special Education Teacher
- One General Education Lead Teacher
- One Para Educator
- Additional staff serves classrooms based on individual student needs, including:
- Occupational therapist
- Speech and language pathologist
- Physical therapist
- The staff works together to provide the best environment for learning for all of the children.
- Instruction is taught from research-based general pre-K curriculum.
The Lake Washington Preschool Program offers a comprehensive early childhood learning experience for 3- and 4-year-olds who live within the district boundary. Lake Washington Preschool Program provides students with a quality, general-education preschool experience that prepares them for kindergarten. This program also serves students who are eligible to receive special education services.
Children with birthdays between September 1, 2015 and August 31, 2017, are eligible to participate in this program. Each class has one special education teacher, one general education lead teacher and one para educator. Class size range from 15-18 students.
Preschool students attend class four days per week. Classes are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The morning class is from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and the afternoon class is from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Program locations for 2020-21 are below (Subject to change prior to school starting in September):
- Kirkland: Bell Elementary, Juanita Elementary, Muir Elementary, Sandburg Elementary
- Redmond: Old Redmond Schoolhouse, Wilder Elementary
- Sammamish: Carson Elementary
Registration for the tuition-based Lake Washington Preschool Program is handled at the District Resource Center. The cost of the program for the 2019-20 school year is $4,000 ($400 per month). Upon confirmation of classroom enrollment, a $400 deposit will be required by June 3, 2019.
Developmental Delays/Special Education Eligible
Children who have a disability that adversely impacts their education may be eligible for services and/or placement in a preschool classroom, including transportation. The district’s Child Find department also provides developmental evaluations to determine if a child has a disability that qualifies him/her for services. Children are eligible if they are at least 3 years old and have qualifying scores on the assessment in one or more of the following areas:
- Fine motor
- Gross motor
- Adaptive skills
If you are concerned that your child may have developmental delays, contact Child Find at 425-936-2760 to determine if an assessment is appropriate for your child.
To register for the tuition-based program
- Children must be 3 or 4 years of age to attend.
- Immunizations must be current.
- Tuition: $4,000 ($400 monthly payments September - May). Upon confirmation of classroom enrollment, a $400 deposit will be required.
- The district offers two payment options:
- Prepayment for the full year
- Payment made monthly through the use of an automated clearing house (ACH)
- Parents will be responsible for the child's transportation.
Fill out the form below to let us know you're interested:
- For families with students currently attending the LWSD Preschool program please complete this form by February 10, 2020.
- For new families interested in securing a seat for their child for the 2020-21 school year please complete this form by March 5, 2020.
For new families, Preschool Interest Statements received by March 5, 2020 will be entered into a lottery for available seats in the LWSD preschool program. The lottery will be held the week of March 9, 2020 and families will be notified by March 20, 2020. Students not securing a seat through the lottery will be placed on the waitlist.
After the lottery, the deposit and complete enrollment packet is required by April 3, 2020 to secure the student’s seat. Deposits/enrollment packets not received at the LWSD Resource Center by April 3 will forfeit their seat and the seat will be made available to the next student on the list.
After April 3, 2020 registration/enrollments will be handled at the LWSD Resource Center to fill any remaining seats.
Families on the waitlist will be called and offered seats as they become available.
LWSD Resource Center
16250 NE 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052