Earlier this school year, fourth- and fifth- grade students at Norman Rockwell Elementary had a special video chat with Tom Angleberger, a New York Times best-selling author.
Drinking Water Quality
LWSD has a water quality testing program to manage drinking water fixtures district-wide. All drinking water fixtures are sampled on a four-year cycle for lead content, utilizing the standards from the EPA and the district.
- What is Lake Washington School District doing about lead in drinking water?
- What is lead?
- How is it determined if levels of lead are too high?
- What has Lake Washington found in its water testing so far?
- How does lead get into drinking water?
- How does water testing for lead work?
- How do you determine where elevated levels of lead may be coming from?
- What can you do to reduce lead levels if it is found to be elevated?
- How do you know if measures taken to reduce lead have been effective?
- Should I do anything at home to reduce lead exposure?
- Where can I find more information about lead?