During its July 13 School Board Meeting, Lake Washington School District Superintendent, Dr. Jon Holmen, removed “Rebels” as the Juanita High School mascot. Dr. Matt Livingston, Director of Secondary Education and Juanita High School Principal, Kelly Clapp, will now begin the process outlined in Policy 6970 to select a new mascot.
Drinking Water Quality
LWSD has a water quality testing program to manage drinking water fixtures district-wide. All drinking water fixtures are sampled on a four-year cycle for lead content, utilizing the standards from the EPA and the district.
- What is Lake Washington School District doing about lead in drinking water?
- What is lead?
- How is it determined if levels of lead are too high?
- What has Lake Washington found in its water testing so far?
- How does lead get into drinking water?
- How does water testing for lead work?
- How do you determine where elevated levels of lead may be coming from?
- What can you do to reduce lead levels if it is found to be elevated?
- How do you know if measures taken to reduce lead have been effective?
- Should I do anything at home to reduce lead exposure?
- Where can I find more information about lead?