Redmond, Wash. – Sixty Lake Washington School District (LWSD) high school seniors have been named semifinalists in the 68th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. The National Merit Scholarship Corporation announced the semifinalists yesterday.
Elementary Band and Orchestra
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in Lake Washington School District’s Elementary Band and Orchestra Program.
Our district is currently planning for full-time, in-person instruction for all students, and so our hope is that we will be able to offer in-person instruction for our elementary band and orchestra program. However, the instructional model for next year’s elementary instrumental program will be confirmed and/or adjusted following this summer’s release of the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) updated guidelines for school districts.
- June 10, 2022: Online registration opens for 4th and 5th grade students.
- Week of September 12, 2022: Informational meetings for families.
- Week of September 19, 2022: Elementary band and orchestra begins.
Participation in the 2022-23 school year’s Elementary Band and Orchestra Program will be open to all fourth and fifth graders in the Lake Washington School District.
For the 2022-23 school year, we plan to offer the following programs:
- Beginning Band for fourth and fifth grade band students who have no previous experience playing their chosen instrument.
- Beginning Strings for fourth and fifth grade orchestra students who have no previous experience playing their chosen instrument.
- Experienced Band for fourth and fifth grade band students who are experienced playing their chosen instrument.
- Experienced Strings for fourth and fifth grade orchestra students who are experienced playing their chosen instrument.
Please note that families are responsible for transportation to the band or orchestra site school. Bus transportation will be provided from the elementary band or orchestra site school to the elementary school students attend.
Elementary band and orchestra is not held on non-school days, including late starts or emergency closures.
There is no fee to participate in LWSD’s elementary band or orchestra, however students will need to provide their own instrument. The main cost will be renting an instrument.
For families where cost might be a barrier to participation, program sites have a limited amount of instruments available for rent. Families that qualify for free/reduced lunch are given first priority. Please contact the band or orchestra coordinator at your student’s assigned site if you have any questions regarding instrument rentals.
Lake Washington School District has a strong and active middle school band program, with classes for everyone from beginners to students with years of experience.