After competing in four trials on Zoom February 12-13, the International Community School (ICS) “Crimson” team took first place at the East King County Mock Trial Tournament. They will go on to the state tournament March 17-21.
Schools overcome challenges to complete Green Schools requirements in 2020
During a special fall recognition, Horace Mann Elementary School joined other schools in Lake Washington School District that defied the odds and completed requirements to level-up as King County Green Schools in 2020. The sustainability program held a special fall recognition this year in addition to its normal spring recognition.
Congratulations to the following schools that met King County Green Schools requirements in 2020:
Sustaining Green Schools
- Carl Sandburg Elementary / Discovery Community School
- Environmental & Adventure School
- Ella Baker Elementary School
- Emily Dickinson Elementary School
- Horace Mann Elementary School
- Benjamin Rush Elementary School
- Christa McAuliffe Elementary School
- John James Audubon Elementary School
- Emerson Campus: Northstar Middle School / Emerson High School / Emerson K-12