A team of 15 students from Timberline Middle School (TMS) took home first place at the Washington State Science Olympiad competition in April.
International Community School Mock Trial team takes first place at East King County Mock Trial Tournament
After competing in four trials on Zoom February 12-13, the International Community School (ICS) “Crimson” team took first place at the East King County Mock Trial Tournament. They will go on to the state tournament March 17-21.
Eight teams competed in the tournament, two from each of the following schools: ICS, Mercer Island High School, Kings School and Skyline High School. This student-led, mock trial team works very hard to prepare for their trials. Co-Presidents Sancha Gonzalez and Katie Kotler, and the Vice President, Lauryn Iracheta, teach and coach the rest of the students on the team.
Here are the students on the ICS Crimson team, and their roles on the mock trial team:
- Akanksha Khanal – attorney
- Alex Schuessler – witness
- Amiel Juco – witness
- Disha Prasad – witness
- Eric Shi – lead attorney (prosecution)
- Katie Kotler – lead attorney (defense)
- Kristian Bridge – attorney
- Lauryn Iracheta – witness
- Melis Gursoy – witness
- Mihir Sondagar – attorney
- Noa Avitan – witness
- Ritika Managuli – witness
- Sancha Gonzalez – attorney
- Sravya Ganti – witness