After winning the school-wide competition at International Community School (ICS) for two poem readings, Clio Erignac (grade 10) went on to place in the top three at the Poetry Out Loud Northwest Washington Regional Finals on Thursday, February 11.
Sign on the dotted line – Redmond and Lake Washington high schools host signing day events
It is a big moment for student-athletes when they get to sign the National Letter of Intent to attend a college to play sports. Both Redmond High School (RHS) and Lake Washington High School (LWHS) hosted events on Wednesday, November 13 to celebrate the occasion. Five students from LWHS and two students from RHS participated in their school’s signing day events.
National Signing Day has become increasingly popular with high school students over the years. Typically, the student will either reveal what school they are going to on that day or sign the letter of intent after previously committing verbally to the school. These signing days take place on the first day the athlete can sign the letter. There are multiple signing days throughout the year based on the sport the student plays. All colleges that accept letters on signing day are a part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Here is a list of the students who participated in a National Signing Day event this year:
Lake Washington High School:
- Katie Cross – Swimming – University of Kansas
- Jennifer Estes – Soccer – Princeton University
- Caroline (“CeCe”) Maloof – Soccer – Pepperdine University
- Alexandra (“Alex”) Mueller – Lacrosse – United States Naval Academy
- Henry Serr – Lacrosse – University of Michigan
Redmond High School:
- Jennifer Cummings – Softball – University of Washington
- Adithi Anand – Golf – University of Washington