Updates for the Class of 2021: Graduation & AP Exam Changes
Dear Class of 2021 Families:
We have a few updates for the class of 2021 that we wanted to share with you today.
We are very pleased to announce that our 2021 graduation ceremonies will be in person this year. The district has partnered with T-Mobile Park to host the events.
|Wednesday, June 9||Thursday, June 10|
11:00 a.m. - International Community School
3:00 p.m. - Lake Washington High School
7:00 p.m. - Juanita High School
9:00 a.m. - Redmond High School
1:00 p.m. - Tesla STEM High School
5:00 p.m. - Eastlake High School
Please note: Emerson K-12 will host a virtual graduation on Wednesday, June 9, at 5:00 p.m. Emerson High School graduation will be held in the Emerson High School Gym on Friday, June 11, at 6:00 p.m.
Your school will contact you soon, as we need to confirm the number of seniors who will participate in the live in-person event. If your senior intends to opt out of participating in-person, know we plan to have an option for them to participate virtually. More details will follow.
Some final details that may help with questions you have:
- Stadium seating in the area we are using is limited to 1,840 spectators. Our comprehensive high school seniors can expect to receive 2-4 tickets per student, depending on the number of students who choose to participate.
- Seating will be in cohorts of 1-4, and graduates will sit with their family to maximize seating.
- Stadium parking will be included at no cost to families.
- The event will be livestreamed for guests unable to attend.
AP Exam Changes:
We have adjusted the AP exams to address the conflict.
- AP Calculus AB and BC: For seniors only, the date is shifted to May 24 and will be in person at school*, 8:00 a.m. start time.
- 9th – 11th graders will take the virtual exam as scheduled on June 9.
- If students are unable to take an in-person exam, they would default to the virtual June 9 test date.
- AP Physics 1: For all students, the date is shifted to May 24 and will be in person at school*, 12:00 p.m. start time.
- AP Chemistry: For all students, the date is shifted to May 25 and will be in person at school*, 8:00 a.m. start time.
- AP Physics 2: For all students, the date is shifted to May 25 and will be in person at school*, 12:00 p.m. start time.
- AP Statistics: For all students, the date is shifted to May 24 and will be in person at school*, 12:00 p.m. start time.
*Please note: AP testing will be completed in person at a Lake Washington School District high school. More details will follow from the Accelerated Programs department and/or their high school AP coordinator.
If you have questions specific to your students AP schedule, please reach out to your student's teacher or school AP coordinator.
We are very excited to be able to provide this opportunity to the Class of 2021. Congratulations and see you all very soon.
Jon Holmen, Superintendent
Lake Washington School District