April 15, 2021
Instructions for Completing Daily Digital Attestation through Skyward Family/Student Access
Dear LWSD Middle School and High School Families and Students:
We are excited to welcome back our in-person, grades 6-12 students on Monday, April 19!
All Lake Washington School District (LWSD) students and staff must complete a health check each time they enter the building for the day to attest that they have no symptoms of COVID-19 or close contacts with people who have tested positive for COVID-19.
Attestation and/or screening of all persons is an important step to keep anyone that has symptoms of COVID-19 out of district buildings. This process is required by The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) as well as the Department of Labor and Industries (L&I).
For middle school and high school students, a new digital attestation process, also called a “Wellness Screening”, is available through Skyward Family/Student Access.
You can use the following resources for additional information on how to complete the Digital Attestation process for secondary (middle school and high school) students:
- Digital Attestation for Secondary Students/Families video – YouTube | Stream
- Instructions for using Skyward Family Access Wellness Screening (PDF) – English | Spanish
- Instructions for using Skyward Student Access Wellness Screening (PDF) – English | Spanish
- Paper Attestation Forms: https://www.lwsd.org/pathway-forward/attestation-forms
- Digital Attestation – Secondary webpage: https://www.lwsd.org/pathway-forward/attestation-secondary
Students will need to show the results of their Wellness Screening survey to staff at the attestation point, before entering the building in one of the following ways:
- The fastest and easiest way is to show the green check mark on their phone via the Skyward app.
- If a student does not have a smart phone, they can show the green check mark on their LWSD laptop.
- If a student does not have a phone, or their laptop is not readily available, staff can look up to see if they have attested by either scanning their student ID card or typing in their name.
- If a student is not able to attest through Skyward, they can bring a completed paper attestation form or they can self-attest on-site.
Once it has been verified that the student has completed the wellness screener, the student’s temperature will be taken. If their temperature is under 100.4 degrees, the person can enter the building.
The expectation is that everyone entering LWSD facilities must first provide an attestation that they meet the criteria outlined by OSPI and L&I for entering a District building.
Each LWSD facility will have at least one station set up to facilitate this process as quickly as possible.
All students entering a school must have a Wellness Screening form submitted via Skyward or they must complete the screening process by the Attestation Screener.
Staff will also perform a visual check, or health screening, to look for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
If a student or staff member exhibits any COVID-19-like symptoms, they will be asked to stay home.
A quarantine room, or Q Room, will be available for students who experience symptoms at school while they await pick up.
At all times, a separate health room will be available for any non-COVID related issues.
Attestation – Secondary Webpage:
The Attestation – Secondary webpage contains all of the instructional videos and documents for completing the attestation process in Skyward. The Skyward Wellness Screening tool will be turned on tomorrow, April 16, for you to test the tool in your accounts. You will need to log in each in-person school day to complete the attestation before coming to school.
Having trouble logging in to Skyward Family/Student Access? Visit our Skyward Family Access Support page here: https://www.lwsd.org/help/skyward-family-access, or our Skyward Student Access Support page here: https://www.lwsd.org/help/skyward-student-access-support.
Thank you for completing this Wellness Screening before leaving for school each day.