Back to School Supply Drive: August 22-24 from noon - 4 p.m. | Drop off location: LWSD Resource Center. View flyer for more information.
If you're eager to be at the vanguard of 21st century technology innovation and problem solving, you will find plenty to keep you captivated in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Career Cluster.
This career cluster is organized into two career pathways:
- Engineering and technology
- Science and math
Is this pathway for you?
- Are you curious about how systems/things work?
- Do you like taking time to work through a problem?
- Do you spend time taking things apart and putting them back together?
- Do you enjoy creating, inventing or imagining new and different ways to do different things?
- Do you wonder how things are made?
- Do you like to use math/science skills to build things or solve problems?
- Are you interested in finding a better way to do things?
Possible careers to explore
Connecting career pathways through student leadership
Washington Technology Student Association
Interested in careers in architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, film/video production, graphic arts or other technical areas? TSA is the only student leadership organization devoted exclusively to students interested in technology. Learn through exciting competitive events and leadership opportunities. From engineers to business managers, alumni credit TSA with having had a positive influence on their lives.
Local leadership opportunities are available at each school. Please see your teacher for more information.
LWSD elective recommendations
- MS – Engineering Design and Modeling (PLTW)
- MS – Flight and Space (PLTW)
- MS – Robotics I, II (PLTW)
- MS – Technology Foundations
- Intro to Engineering Design (IED)
- Principles of Engineering (POE)
- Aerospace Engineering (AE)
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- Engineering Design & Development (EDD)
- Architecture and Engineering II (AETT)
- Engineering I, II, III (EYW)
- Material Science I, II
- Robotics I, II
- Sustainable Design and Environmental Engineering