Back to School Supply Drive: August 22-24 from noon - 4 p.m. | Drop off location: LWSD Resource Center. View flyer for more information.
Agriculture & Natural Resources Program
The Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (AFNR) Career Cluster® focuses on the essential elements of life food, water, land and air. This career cluster includes a diverse spectrum of occupations, ranging from farmer, rancher and veterinarian to geologist, land conservationist and florist. It also includes non- traditional agricultural occupations like wind energy, solar energy and oil and gas production. This career cluster is organized into eight career pathways:
- Animal systems
- Agribusiness systems
- Biotechnology systems
- Environmental service systems
- Food products and processing systems
- Natural resources systems
- Plant systems
- Power, structural and technical systems
Is this pathway for you?
- Do you get satisfaction from helping people, animals and/or the environment?
- Do you enjoy dealing with a problem that isn’t easily solved or doesn’t have one correct answer?
- Are you comfortable with situations that are unpredictable and rapidly changing?
- Are you interested in math and science?
- Do you enjoy doing puzzles, exploring and solving problems?
- Do you spend a lot of time outside enjoying nature?
- Do you like to volunteer and do service work that focuses on helping people or the environment?
Connecting career pathways through student leadership
LWSD elective recommendations
- MS – Green Sustainable Design
- Environmental Science
- AP Environmental Science
- Urban Agriculture I, II
- Marine Science – Climate Change, Human Impact