Back to School Supply Drive: August 22-24 from noon - 4 p.m. | Drop off location: LWSD Resource Center. View flyer for more information.
Make a High School and Beyond Plan
What is the High School and Beyond Plan?
Culminating Outcome: A high school graduation plan prepared for options in career, college, and life. The High School & Beyond Plan helps students gain knowledge and skills to plan current and future goals. Students revise their plan annually to accommodate changing interests, personalized pathway choices and post-secondary goals on what they expect to do following high school graduation. Post-secondary aspirations may include pathways for application to four-year colleges or universities, two-year community or technical colleges, apprenticeship programs, industry standard certificate programs, military training or on-the-job training and workforce entry.
High School and Beyond Plan state guidelines:
- Identification of career goals, aided by skills and career interest survey assessments and identification of educational goals for graduation and beyond
- A four-year plan for courses taken in high school that satisfies state and local graduation requirements and aligns with students' secondary and postsecondary goals that may include education, training and careers
- Options for satisfying state and local graduation requirements, academic acceleration, dual credit courses, Career and Technical Education programs and graduation pathway options
- Resume or activity log, that includes the student’s education, work experience, community service, including how districts recognize community service (RCW 28A.320.193)
- Evidence that the student has received information on federal and state financial aid