Students in Katie Jacobs’ fourth grade class at Franklin Elementary worked on building hydraulic powered claws in class during the month of May. This end of the year STEM project led to seeing life-sized machines up close and in person.
Make a High School and Beyond Plan
What is the High School and Beyond Plan?
Culminating Outcome: A high school graduation plan prepared for options in career, college, and life. The High School & Beyond Plan helps students gain knowledge and skills to plan current and future goals. Students revise their plan annually to accommodate changing interests, personalized pathway choices and post-secondary goals on what they expect to do following high school graduation. Post-secondary aspirations may include pathways for application to four-year colleges or universities, two-year community or technical colleges, apprenticeship programs, industry standard certificate programs, military training or on-the-job training and workforce entry.
High School and Beyond Plan state guidelines:
- Identification of career goals, aided by skills and career interest survey assessments and identification of educational goals for graduation and beyond
- A four-year plan for courses taken in high school that satisfies state and local graduation requirements and aligns with students' secondary and postsecondary goals that may include education, training and careers
- Options for satisfying state and local graduation requirements, academic acceleration, dual credit courses, Career and Technical Education programs and graduation pathway options
- Resume or activity log, that includes the student’s education, work experience, community service, including how districts recognize community service (RCW 28A.320.193)
- Evidence that the student has received information on federal and state financial aid