State Senator Manka Dhingra stopped by Ella Baker Elementary on October 12 to promote the need for everyone to participate in a democracy and to tell students what motivated her to run for office.
Agriculture and Natural Resources Program
Careers in this program pathways are related to the use, production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, development, and preservation of natural resources. These may include food, fiber, wood products, research, agribusiness, farm to table, agricultural science, horticulture, environmental science and natural resources.
Is this Pathway for you?
- Do you get satisfaction from helping people, animals and/or the environment?
- Do you enjoy dealing with a problem that isn’t easily solved or doesn’t have one correct answer?
- Are you comfortable with situations that are unpredictable and rapidly changing?
- Do you like listening and working with others who have differing viewpoints?
- Are you interested in math and science?
- Do you enjoy doing puzzles, exploring and solving problems?
- Do you spend a lot of time outside enjoying nature?
- Do you like to volunteer and do service work that focuses on helping people or the environment?
- LWSD Elective Recommendations
- Connecting Career Pathways through Student Leadership
- Possible Careers to Explore
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Program of Study by High School
- Natural Resources Systems Career Pathway
- AP Environmental Science*
- Environmental Science
- Plant Systems Career Pathway
- Environmental Horticulture (WANIC)
- Nursery & Greenhouse Operations (WANIC)
- Engineering & Technology Pathway
- Sustainable Design*
- Sustainable Design & Environmental Engineering*
*These courses qualify for CTE Dual Credit.