Would you wear a watch and slippers made from carbon dioxide emissions? Or brush your teeth using toothpaste made from CO₂? Before the pandemic, students at Evergreen Middle School were learning about real products that capture and store carbon dioxide that would otherwise go into the atmosphere.
Agriculture and Natural Resources Program
Careers in this program pathways are related to the use, production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, development, and preservation of natural resources. These may include food, fiber, wood products, research, agribusiness, farm to table, agricultural science, horticulture, environmental science and natural resources.
Is this Pathway for you?
- Do you get satisfaction from helping people, animals and/or the environment?
- Do you enjoy dealing with a problem that isn’t easily solved or doesn’t have one correct answer?
- Are you comfortable with situations that are unpredictable and rapidly changing?
- Do you like listening and working with others who have differing viewpoints?
- Are you interested in math and science?
- Do you enjoy doing puzzles, exploring and solving problems?
- Do you spend a lot of time outside enjoying nature?
- Do you like to volunteer and do service work that focuses on helping people or the environment?