Redmond, Wash. – The Lake Washington School District (LWSD) Board of Directors has selected Dr. Jon Holmen to be the next Lake Washington School District Superintendent. They announced their decision on Monday, March 23, 2020.
The application period for Highly Capable Programs ended on October 25, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Thank you for your patience as we process applications and assessment results for highly capable programs.
- Parents/Guardians of Kindergarten students who attended the December 7 Iowa will receive the results by end of day January 17.
- Parents/Guardians of students in grades 1 through 7 who attended the December 14 Iowa and 1st Grade students who attended assessments in January will receive results in or by early March.
Lake Washington School District provides accelerated academic programs for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. These programs are designed to meet the learning styles and needs of students with exceptional intellectual, academic, and creative abilities.
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Highly Capable Services
- K-5HC - Grades K-5
- First - Fifth Grade Highly Capable Services
- K-5HC - Grades K-5
- Pull-out Quest - Grades 2-5
- Full-time Quest - Grades 2-5
- Middle School Highly Capable Services
- Middle School Quest - Grades 6-8
- High School Highly Capable Services
- Running Start
- College in the High School
- Honors Classes
- Advanced Placement
Accelerated Programs Staff
Becky Kadrmas, Director
Janette Cimburek, Supervisor
Suzanne Hurd, Administrative Professional
Jennifer Rusch, Administrative Professional
Britt Galen, Accelerated Programs Psychologist
Crystal Batlle, Instructional Specialist
Lake Washington School District
Accelerated Programs Office
P.O. Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073
Lake Washington School District Resource Center
16250 N.E. 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
For a complete list of Accelerated Programs staff, please visit the Highly Capable Programs Staff Directory.
Gifted Education Advisory Council (GEAC)
Gifted Education Advisory Council is a parent-led committee that supports the gifted education program in Lake Washington School District.