High School Highly Capable Program Services
A goal of the Highly Capable Program is to provide maximum choice at the high school level to enable students to tailor their program of advanced studies as much as possible based on their post-secondary goals. To that end, we offer a variety of rigorous options at the high school level that our highly capable students can participate in including Advanced Placement (AP), honors courses, Running Start, and College in the High School. Each of our high schools provide accelerated course enrollment options.
Services may include:
- Clustering identified students in a classroom to provide a peer group
- Adjusting pacing, curriculum compacting, reducing review and repetition, incorporating inquiry, and investigations in instruction
- Enhanced/Enriched content or curriculum
- Providing a multidisciplinary approach to learning
- Differentiation of curriculum and instruction