Students in Lake Washington High School’s AP US Government & Politics classes get first-hand experience in the legislative process. As part of the class, students crafted Senate Bill (SB) 5171, which bans gender-based price discrimination on similar products
Middle School Highly Capable Services
Highly capable services are designed to meet the unique needs of students beyond general education.
For sixth grade students, Middle School Quest consists of one period each of language arts, science, social studies and math. This schedule leaves students two periods for required and elective classes.
For seventh and eighth grade students, Middle School Quest consists of one period each of language arts, social studies and science. Students are placed at the appropriate math level for one other period. This schedule leaves students two periods for required and elective classes.
Middle School Quest emphasizes advanced academic thinking skills and strategies, strong communication and collaboration skills, and an increased awareness of local and global citizenship.
- Students in grades six through eight attend a self-contained core content classroom five days per week with highly capable peers
- Students are provided services at identified middle schools based on neighborhood school boundaries
- Assigned middle school becomes student's primary school
- Services begin at the start of the school year
- Compacting and acceleration of math and reading
- Enrichment/differentiation of social studies, science and writing
- Advanced academic thinking skills and strategies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Integrated learning opportunities
- Curriculum based on Common Core and NAGC (National Association of Gifted Children) standards
- Opportunities to participate in interest-based electives dependent on assigned school offerings
Middle School Quest program locations
- Evergreen Middle School, Redmond
- Kamiakin Middle School, Kirkland
- Redmond Middle School, Redmond
- Timberline Middle School, Redmond
The district assigns a student to attend a Middle School Quest school based on his/her home address. School assignment is subject to change. For more information on MSQ placement, please view the feeder pattern:
LWSD offers limited bus transportation for students enrolled in the Middle School Quest programs. For more information about your child's bus routes, please check Skyward.