When schools closed in March, the traditional end-of-year band concerts that showcase a year’s worth of practice and progress were effectively canceled. Rose Hill Middle School (RHMS) Band Instructor, Angela Laulainen got creative during the remote learning period and had her students record their parts at home.
High School Highly Capable Program Services
AP Testing Format Information
With the new testing format, there are significant changes that all students and families need to understand:
- College Board’s expectation is that all students will take the AP exam on the first scheduled date and time. The exams have been scheduled in such a way that students will not have conflicts with two exams being given at the same time. If a student has a technical issue during the scheduled exam, the makeup date will be the only other opportunity they will have to take the exam.
- Makeup dates are for very limited circumstances including illness and emergency or technical difficulties. Two exams on the same day will not be a valid reason to test on the makeup date.
- College Board will NOT offer a third round of testing for any student. If a student does not complete the exam during the scheduled or makeup date and time, they will not receive a score for that test.
AP Program Update from College Board
On April 3, 2020, College Board shared several updates regarding AP Resources and Exams. The full details of the update can be found on the AP Coronavirus Updates page. For your convenience, we have taken the key information and links and included them below. Please reach out to your AP Teacher, AP Coordinator, or our Accelerated Programs department if you have questions!
Highlights & Reminders
- If you missed Trevor Packer’s (head of the AP program) webinar, you can view the recorded session online here.
- The 2019-20 AP Exam administration will be given from May 11-22. Make-up test dates will be from June 1-5. Each AP subject exam will be taken at the same day and time worldwide. The detailed schedule can be found here.
- Details on exam length, format, and structure can be found here.
- Student may take the exam at home or schools may coordinate and offer the exam at school (if open).
- Full details of exam specifications for each AP subject are posted on this page below the exam schedule:
- Most AP exams will be a 45-minute exam consisting of 2 Free Response Questions (FRQ). Students are expected to access the testing platform 30 minutes prior to the start of testing.
- Certain courses with portfolio submissions will not have an AP exam.
- World language and culture exams will only include two spoken tasks consistent with FRQs 3 and 4 of the traditional AP exam.
- All AP teachers will receive their students’ responses from the online exams.
- Online AP Courses continue to be available on AP's YouTube channel. These free lessons are delivered by AP teachers from across the country. The AP Course Schedule has been posted which now includes all AP courses.
Summary of Key Links
- AP Coronavirus Updates – General page where all information and updates are posted.
- AP Coronavirus – Student Page
- AP Coronavirus – Educator Page
- AP Coronavirus – FAQ
- AP Customer Service:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1-877-274-6474
Thank you for all of your patience as we have worked through unprecedented times. Stay safe!
Accelerated Programs Staff
Becky Kadrmas, Director
Janette Cimburek, Supervisor
Suzanne Hurd, Administrative Professional
Jennifer Rusch, Administrative Professional
Britt Galen, Accelerated Programs Psychologist
Crystal Batlle, Instructional Specialist
Lake Washington School District
Accelerated Programs Office
P.O. Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073
Lake Washington School District Resource Center
16250 N.E. 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
For a complete list of Accelerated Programs staff, please visit the Highly Capable Programs Staff Directory.
Gifted Education Advisory Council (GEAC)
Gifted Education Advisory Council is a parent-led committee that supports the gifted education program in Lake Washington School District.