Redmond, Wash. – Sixty Lake Washington School District (LWSD) high school seniors have been named semifinalists in the 68th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. The National Merit Scholarship Corporation announced the semifinalists yesterday.
The websites listed below are not published or maintained by LWSD, however they are wonderful resources that the Accelerated Programs department recommends to parents and families of HiCap/gifted children. There are many supports based in the Pacific Northwest area, as well as across the nation, to help parents and families understand and guide their HiCap/gifted child.
- GEAC information
- Washington Association of Educators of the Talented and Gifted
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted
- Northwest Gifted Child Association
- Washington Coalition for Gifted Education
- National Association of Gifted Children
- Gifted Guru
- Center for Gifted Education Policy at the American Psychological Association
- Gifted Resource Center at the Institute for Educational Advancement
- The Gifted Child Society
- World Council for Gifted and Talented Children
- Gifted Development Center