Lake Washington School District has a strong and active middle school band program, with classes for everyone from beginners to students with years of experience.
The application period for Highly Capable Programs ended on October 25, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Thank you for your patience as we process applications and assessment results for highly capable programs.
- Parents/Guardians of Kindergarten students who attended the December 7 Iowa will receive the results by end of day January 17.
- Parents/Guardians of students in grades 2 through 7 who attended the December 14 Iowa will receive results after the MSC meets in mid February to review the results of the body of evidence for students who met screening criteria.
Lake Washington School District provides accelerated academic programs for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. These programs are designed to meet the learning styles and needs of students with exceptional intellectual, academic, and creative abilities.
- Kindergarten Highly Capable Services
- K-5HC - Grades K-5
- First - Fifth Grade Highly Capable Services
- K-5HC - Grades K-5
- Pull-out Quest - Grades 2-5
- Full-time Quest - Grades 2-5
- Middle School Highly Capable Services
- Middle School Quest - Grades 6-8
- High School Highly Capable Services
- Running Start
- College in the High School
- Honors Classes
- Advanced Placement
Accelerated Programs Staff
Becky Kadrmas, Director
Diane Durant, Supervisor
Suzanne Hurd, Administrative Secretary
Britt Galen, Accelerated Programs Psychologist
Crystal Batlle, Instructional Specialist
Lake Washington School District
Accelerated Programs Office
P.O. Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073
Lake Washington School District Resource Center
16250 N.E. 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
For a complete list of Accelerated Programs staff, please visit the Highly Capable Programs Staff Directory.
Gifted Education Advisory Council (GEAC)
Gifted Education Advisory Council is a parent-led committee that supports the gifted education program in Lake Washington School District.