Students at Emily Dickinson Elementary are now more knowledgeable about the challenges people with disabilities go through every day.
The application period for Highly Capable Programs ended on October 25, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Thank you for your patience as we process applications and assessment results for highly capable programs.
- Parents/Guardians of students in grades 2 through 7 who completed an application for highly capable programs will receive an email with the time and location for the November 16 CogAT Screening Form time by end of day on November 12.
- Parents/Guardians of first grade students who attend private school who completed an application for highly capable programs will receive an email with the time and location for the November 16 CogAT Screening Form time by end of day on November 12.
- Parents/Guardians of Kindergarten students who attended the November 2 CogAT Screening Form will receive the results by end of day December 4.
Lake Washington School District provides accelerated academic programs for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. These programs are designed to meet the learning styles and needs of students with exceptional intellectual, academic, and creative abilities.
- Kindergarten Highly Capable Services
- K-5HC - Grades K-5
- First - Fifth Grade Highly Capable Services
- K-5HC - Grades K-5
- Pull-out Quest - Grades 2-5
- Full-time Quest - Grades 2-5
- Middle School Highly Capable Services
- Middle School Quest - Grades 6-8
- High School Highly Capable Services
- Running Start
- College in the High School
- Honors Classes
- Advanced Placement
Accelerated Programs Staff
Becky Kadrmas, Director
Diane Durant, Supervisor
Suzanne Hurd, Administrative Secretary
Britt Galen, Accelerated Programs Psychologist
Crystal Batlle, Instructional Specialist
Lake Washington School District
Accelerated Programs Office
P.O. Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073
Lake Washington School District Resource Center
16250 N.E. 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
For a complete list of Accelerated Programs staff, please visit the Highly Capable Programs Staff Directory.
Gifted Education Advisory Council (GEAC)
Gifted Education Advisory Council is a parent-led committee that supports the gifted education program in Lake Washington School District.