State Senator Manka Dhingra stopped by Ella Baker Elementary on October 12 to promote the need for everyone to participate in a democracy and to tell students what motivated her to run for office.
Important information needed to complete the online application for LWSD Highly Capable Programs
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU APPLY
If your child attends 1st grade in a LWSD school, do not complete the application at this time.
Your child will take the CogAT Screening Form at his/her school between November 5 and 15.
Complete the online application below. You do not need to submit any additional documentation.
If your child currently attends a LWSD school, but did not attend a LWSD school last year, have the following available on your computer before starting the online application:
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: No additional documents are needed
- 2nd-3rd Grade: End of Year Report Card from previous year
- 4th-7th Grade: End of Year Report Card and Standardized Test Results from previous year
If your child currently attends private school or is home-schooled, please have the following available on your computer before starting the online application:
- Kindergarten-1st Grade: Proof of Residency and Proof of Age
- 2nd-3rd Grade: Proof of Residency, Proof of Age, and End of Year Report Card from previous year
- 4th-7th Grade: Proof of Residency, Proof of Age, End of Year Report Card and Standardized Test Results from previous year
- For Proof of Residency, submit a current utility bill or mortgage statement.
- For Proof of Age, submit a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport.
- Report Cards must be from the end of the previous school year.
- Standardized Test Results may be SBA results, state test results, Iowa Assessments or other academic testing showing national percentile ranks from the previous school year.
- If you need help submitting documents, email email@example.com or call the Accelerated Programs Office at 425-936-1238.
- If you would like a paper copy of the application or would like the application in a language other than English, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Accelerated Programs Office at 425-936-1238.
Lake Washington School District provides accelerated academic programs for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. These programs are designed to meet the learning styles and needs of students with exceptional intellectual, academic, and creative abilities.
- Kindergarten Highly Capable Services
- K-5HC - Grades K-5
- First - Fifth Grade Highly Capable Services
- Full-time Quest - Grades 2-5
- K-5HC - Grades K-5
- Pull-out Quest - Grades 2-5
- Middle School Highly Capable Services
- Middle School Quest - Grades 6-8
- High School Highly Capable Services
- Running Start
- College in the High School
- Honors Classes
- Advanced Placement
Lake Washington School District
Accelerated Programs Office
P.O. Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073
Lake Washington School District Resource Center
16250 N.E. 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
For a complete list of Accelerated Programs staff, please visit the Highly Capable Programs Staff Directory.
Gifted Education Advisory Council (GEAC)
Gifted Education Advisory Council is a parent-led committee that supports the gifted education program in Lake Washington School District.