Would you wear a watch and slippers made from carbon dioxide emissions? Or brush your teeth using toothpaste made from CO₂? Before the pandemic, students at Evergreen Middle School were learning about real products that capture and store carbon dioxide that would otherwise go into the atmosphere.
Please note: This list of individual agencies is provided as an information resource for your convenience. Lake Washington School District does not recommend or endorse any of the individual agencies provided here. The district will not be held liable or responsible for any services provided by them. Lake Washington School District highly recommends that you conduct your own research and investigation. Use reasonable care before selecting any of these individuals/agencies for services.
- LWSD child care resources – Extended Day, YMCA and Boys & Girls Clubs of King County programs.
- Adventure Kids Playcare – For children six week to 12 years old. Call 425-453-4444.
- Arena Sports – For grades 1-8
- Childcare Aware of Washington – Call 1-800-446-1114.
- City of Kirkland – School Year Childcare Camp for grades 2-5.
- City of Redmond – Camp Redmond School Support for grades 2-5. Call 425-556-2300.
- Discovery Bay Learning Academy at PRO Club –
Remote learning program, tutoring, childcare and camps for ages 2-12.
- Overtime Athletics Clubhouse – Distance learning camp for ages 5-12.
- WeeCare – In-home preschools and day cares.
- 1 Green Planet – Contact Chris Biddle. They are donating computers and laptops for district students in need for online learning. Device inventories vary so reach out to Chris for availability.
- Comcast Xfinity – Wifi hotspots across King County will be available to anyone who needs them for free.
- Everyone On: Low Cost Internet Access – A compiled and regularly updated list of national low cost or free internet access resources.
- Internet Essentials – Visit website or call 855-846-8376.
- T-Mobile – Provides unlimited data to its current customers and additional mobile hotspot data.
- Attain Housing – Provides help with eviction prevention and move-in assistance for families with children through its Stable Home program. Call 425-828-0489 for more information.
- Catholic Community Services (Eastside office) – Accepts calls on Wednesdays from 2 - 4 p.m. at 425-213-1963 ext. 2.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – Works with financial institutions to help customers with their mortgage. For more information, visit the website or call your mortgage company for more detailed directions.
- Hopelink Rent Assistance – Or call 425-943-7555 for more details
- King County Financial Resources
- Muslim Community Resource Center – Offers rent and utility assistance, food assistance, prescription and medication assistance. Call 888-404-6272 for more information.
- Puget Sound Energy COVID-19 Pandemic Assistance Fund
- The Salvation Army – Provides emergency assistance. Call 425-452-7300 for more details.
- St. Vincent de Paul Helpline – 206-767-6449. For help with rent, utilities and food assistance. Open Mondays - Fridays from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- South King County and Eastside COVID-19 Coronavirus Mutual Aid Group – Support for abuse survivors, sick and disabled, immunocompromised, undocumented, LGBTQ+ and communities of color. Fill out this Google doc if you are interested in receiving support.
- Unemployment – Online resources outline what steps to take to get unemployment assistance for people affected by COVID-19 (laid off, in quarantine)
- Washington Assistance for Renters – The Governor issued a statewide moratorium on evictions of residential tenants.
- Washington Resources Information
- Washington State Department of Financial Institutions – List of resources for Washington consumers impacted by COVID-19
- Public Health - Seattle & King County Free Drive-Thru Flu Clinic – Location: Federal Way Aquatic Center, 650 SW Campus Drive, Federal Way
- Dates/Times: Sundays, December 6 and 13, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Details: No insurance, proof of residency, or appointment is required. View flyer for more information.
- Public Health - Seattle & King County health insurance enrollment and flu vaccination for adults – Multiple events and locations throughout King County.
- Neighborcare Health - Drive-Thru Childhood Immunization and Adult Flu Clinic – Location: Meridian Center for Health, 10521 Meridian Ave N, Seattle
Dates/Times: Tuesday, December 8 and Wednesday, December 9, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Details: Offering all immunizations recommended for children 0-18 at no cost. Adult flu vaccine available for adults with most insurance or for an $18 fee. Appointments recommended. To make an appointment, call: 296-4990. View flyer for more information.
- Hopelink – Provides pre-packed boxes of food available for pickup.
- Pantry Packs
- Redmond United Methodist Church (Open Kitchen) – Meals provided to go every Wednesday from 5 - 6 p.m. Call for more details: 206-601-1531.
- Washington State Department of Social and Health Services – Basic food program
- LWSD information for family services
- Lake Washington Schools Foundation Programs –
- Eastside for All
- Friends of Youth
- Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center
- King County COVID-19 Resource Guide
- King County Regional Donations Connector
- United Way
- Washington State Resource Guide for Parents and Caregivers During COVID-19
- CLEAR Line Legal Help – Free legal help over the phone for low-income Washington state residents. Call 888-201-1014 Monday - Friday, 9:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- CLEAR Senior Legal Help – Free legal help for persons over 60 of all income levels. Call 888-387-7111 starting at 9:15 a.m. and leave a message. The line will close for the day once the voicemail message system is full.
- Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) – Provides free legal services to low-income clients throughout King County. Provides phone consultations, interpretive services and webinars on various legal topics, including tenant rights during COVID-19. Call 425-747-7274.
- King County Bar Housing Justice Project –Homelessness prevention program providing legal services for low-income tenants facing eviction in King County. Call for more details: 253-234-4204 available Monday-Friday from 8:00 - 12:00 p.m. (En español, llame a: 206-267-7090).
- Neighborhood Legal Clinics (NLC) – Provides a free half hour of legal advice to renters, regardless of income. Call 206-267-7070.
- Tenant Law Center – Offers legal advice and assistance for low-income renters in King County who are facing eviction, repair problems, deposit loss, subsidy termination, lockouts and other issues. Call 206-324-6890
- We Are Teachers – Online resources, including companies that usually charge are providing free programs.
- King County Metro – Reduced schedule and temporarily discontinuing fare payments
- LWSD Wellness tips webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Children’s Health Coverage Programs in WA
- Community Health Access Program (CHAP) – Program for people who would like to see a doctor, but do not have one. Call 1-800-756-5437 for a free consultation and connection to free or low-cost medical providers and low-cost health insurance.
- Disaster Distress Helpline – Provides free, multilingual and confidential crisis counseling. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- KCLS - Free yoga and meditation streaming videos for stress reduction
- King County Public Health
- TeenLink – Call 866-833-6546 to talk to a trained volunteer.
- Sunshine Behavioral Health – Telehealth and online mental health resources
- Washington Department of Health
- Washington coronavirus response
- Youth Eastside Services