Students at Emily Dickinson Elementary are now more knowledgeable about the challenges people with disabilities go through every day.
PowerSchool Learning and FAQ
- 1. I can’t log in. I don’t have an LWSD username and password. How do I get one?
- 2. I can’t log in. I may have forgotten my username and password, or I need to create a new password. How do I do that?
- 3. I’m logged into PowerSchool Learning and I don’t see my child’s class. How do I locate those class lists?
- 4. I have multiple children in the district. Can I set up the page so I only see the classes for one student at a time?
- 5. I am logged in to PowerSchool Learning but there seems to be something wrong with the site.
- 6. I am logged in to PowerSchool Learning but one of my children does not show up?
- 7. When I look at the class sites of my children, I’m not able to gain access to discussion boards, WikiProjects, and other student collaborative work spaces. How do I get access to these areas?
- [Classes] tab lists all the student’s curriculum classes. This list depends on whether the teacher has an active PowerSchool Learning class site, and whether the teacher has published the pages for student and parent viewing. If you do not see a class that you think should be listed, please contact your child’s teacher and inquire about the status of their PowerSchool Learning class site.
- In the class section of the PowerSchool Learning splash page there is a [Student Sort Drop-down Menu]. Click the menu drop-down arrow and you will get a list of your children. Select the children that you want to view, and those classes will be selected on the list while all other classes will be grayed out.
- The class list is also differentiated by checking, or un-checking, the selection box for each class.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) set guidelines on what student content may be shared with persons outside the class environment. Student work can only be shared with an individual student’s own parent / guardian. Since these types of collaborative spaces display work produced by many students, it is not legal to share this content with all parents. For a comparison of what students can see versus what their parents can see, please refer to the chart on the PowerSchool Learning web page.