Three LWSD middle school teams qualified for the 2018 VEX IQ Challenge at the VEX Robotics World Championship in Louisville, Kentucky beginning April 29.
Online Parent Volunteer Application
Parents can apply or renew their approval status through Parent Access
All Lake Washington School District volunteers must go through a screening process, for the safety of students and volunteers alike. Parents can fill out their volunteer applications online through the secure Parent Access site. Parents who want to use this online application and do not yet have a Parent Access user name and password can visit the new user page for information on how to sign up.
Online application instructions:
- Go to lwsd.org and click on the “Students & Families” link at the top of the page, then select "Parent Access."
- Log in to Parent Access. If you are a new user to Parent Access, click on "Help" then on "Parent Access Support". If you continue to have any difficulty logging into Parent Access, send an email to email@example.com.
- Click the “Volunteer Application” icon on the right-hand side of the page.
- Fill out the information on the application.
- Upload a copy of your driver’s license (or legal photo identification). If you do not upload a copy of your driver’s license, please see “*Other options for submitting driver’s license” below.
- Open the link provided to access the Volunteer Handbook.
- Read the Volunteer Handbook and agree to the guidelines and expectations.
- Click “Submit Application.”
- Print a copy of the volunteer application confirmation page, which provides your application ID#.
*Other options for submitting driver’s license:
- You can take a digital photo with a phone or camera, or a digital scan of your license and email the electronic copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can mail it to the district office:
Lake Washington School District
ATTENTION: Volunteer Office
P.O. Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073-9739
- You can bring it to the LWSD Resource Center, located in Redmond Town Center:
(16250 NE 74th Street, Redmond, WA 98052).
- You can take a copy to your local school. They will then send it to the district office for processing.
When all of your volunteer application materials have been received, the volunteer office will perform the background check, which is required by law, through the Washington State Patrol system. The approval process can take up to two weeks from the time your application was received by the volunteer office.
If you provided an email address on your application, you will receive an email confirmation when your application has been approved. Volunteer approval is not school-specific. Once you are approved, you can volunteer anywhere in the district and your name will be added to the approved volunteers list, which all schools can access.
Check your approval status
Schools can check to see if your volunteer application is still current. Ask a staff member in the school office or a teacher to see if your name is on the approved volunteers list. You can also contact the Volunteer Office to check your approval status at
425-936-1270 or send an email to email@example.com.
When to reapply
Volunteer approval is valid for two years. After two years, you must reapply. You will receive notification by email two-three weeks before your application is due to expire.