When schools closed in March, the traditional end-of-year band concerts that showcase a year’s worth of practice and progress were effectively canceled. Rose Hill Middle School (RHMS) Band Instructor, Angela Laulainen got creative during the remote learning period and had her students record their parts at home.
Volunteering in LWSD
Many people have asked how to support our students and families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is a list of resources that support our families:
- King County Regional Donations Connector
- Kirkland Nourishing Networks
- Redmond Nourishing Networks/Redmond School Break Food Box
- Lake Washington Schools Foundation – Annual fundraiser through April 2, 2020.
- Pantry Packs
- Boys & Girls Clubs of King County
- United Way – Limited volunteer opportunities also available
Share your talents, gain experience and inspire a child
Volunteers play an important role supporting student learning in Lake Washington School District (LWSD). Currently, LWSD has over 17,000 approved volunteers. These volunteers are parents, relatives, community members and students who are committed to helping students be successful. Volunteers enrich student learning opportunities in classrooms, in schools and on field trips.
Volunteer Program Supervisor