Two students from International Community School took on the topic of gender equality in a recent essay contest. It paid off for both of them as Julia Lee and Santoshi Pisupati took home second and third place, respectively.
Volunteering in LWSD
Many people have asked how to support our students and families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is a list of resources that support our families:
- King County Regional Donations Connector
- Kirkland Nourishing Networks
- Redmond Nourishing Networks/Redmond School Break Food Box
- Lake Washington Schools Foundation – Annual fundraiser through April 2, 2020.
- Pantry Packs
- Boys & Girls Clubs of King County
- United Way – Limited volunteer opportunities also available
Share your talents, gain experience and inspire a child
Volunteers play an important role supporting student learning in Lake Washington School District (LWSD). Currently, LWSD has over 17,000 approved volunteers. These volunteers are parents, relatives, community members and students who are committed to helping students be successful. Volunteers enrich student learning opportunities in classrooms, in schools and on field trips.
The Online Volunteer Application is currently unavailable (May 21). Please check back in a few days to apply. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Volunteer Program Supervisor