Students at Rockwell Elementary spent time this spring writing notes of appreciation to share just how grateful they are to City of Redmond workers. Students thanked the workers for continuing to work during the global pandemic.
Volunteering in LWSD
Many people have asked how to support our students and families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is a list of resources that support our families:
- King County Regional Donations Connector
- Kirkland Nourishing Networks
- Redmond Nourishing Networks/Redmond School Break Food Box
- Lake Washington Schools Foundation – Annual fundraiser through April 2, 2020.
- Pantry Packs
- Boys & Girls Clubs of King County
- United Way – Limited volunteer opportunities also available
Share your talents, gain experience and inspire a child
Volunteers play an important role supporting student learning in Lake Washington School District (LWSD). Currently, LWSD has over 17,000 approved volunteers. These volunteers are parents, relatives, community members and students who are committed to helping students be successful. Volunteers enrich student learning opportunities in classrooms, in schools and on field trips.
Volunteer Program Supervisor