Would you wear a watch and slippers made from carbon dioxide emissions? Or brush your teeth using toothpaste made from CO₂? Before the pandemic, students at Evergreen Middle School were learning about real products that capture and store carbon dioxide that would otherwise go into the atmosphere.
Scenario Planning Workgroup
The Scenario Planning Workgroup is looking at the benefits and challenges of the variety of learning scenarios needed to meet physical distancing, in order to determine which models may be viable options for next school year.
Review benefits and challenges with the variety of learning scenarios needed to meet physical distancing in order to determine which models may be viable options for next school year.
- Review hybrid models and identify benefits, challenges and constraints for each.
- Determine if any model can be ruled out.
- Leads: Barbara Posthumus, Associate Superintendent of Business and Support Services and
Dale Cote, Secondary Level Director
- Parent, counselor, union representative, building administrators, central office administrators and department leaders.
June 2 and 5:
- Reviewed models being considered by other school districts.
- Developed benefits and challenges of each model and what questions needed to be considered.
June 9 and 11:
- Continued work on benefits and challenges and brainstormed mitigations for challenges.