Lake Washington School District has a strong and active middle school band program, with classes for everyone from beginners to students with years of experience.
PTSA in LWSD
Support schools and be involved in your child’s education
The Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) or Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an advocacy organization that promotes the improvement of health, welfare and education of children. Lake Washington PTSA is part of the Washington State PTA and National PTA.
Parents join PTSA to be actively involved in supporting the education of children. PTSAs/PTAs fulfill many roles, including:
- Leading fundraisers
- Recruiting and serving as volunteers
- Providing enrichment programs
- Building community connections
- Serving on advisory councils and committees
- Offering safety and emergency preparedness assistance
There are individual PTSA and PTA units at most of the elementary, middle and high schools in the district. Each is a self-governing organization that operates within the parameters of the state and national PTAs to provide support for its school. Contact your local school to get involved or visit the Lake Washington PTSA Council website for more information.
Lake Washington PTSA Council
Representatives from each school PTSA/PTA make up the larger Lake Washington PTSA Council. The LWPTSA Council:
- Provides support for the school PTSA/PTA units
- Collaborates with the school district
- Serves as a liaison between the state PTA & local school units
- Coordinates the legislative voice of the PTSA
The council works on safety, education and welfare issues through local PTSA legislative chairs and the state Legislative Director and lobbyist.