Today, October 12, is Indigenous People’s Day. Staff and students in the Eastside Native American Education Program (ENAEP) are honoring the first inhabitants in the United States by acknowledging and commemorating their contributions, history and culture.
Free meals daily to children ages 1-18
There are two options:
- Grab & Go – Can be picked up at six middle schools: Finn Hill, Inglewood, Kamiakin, Redmond, Rose Hill and Timberline between 11:15 a.m. and 1:00 pm
- Limited Meal Delivery – Pickup times vary depending on location selected
Meal orders for both options will be accepted from 2:00 p.m. the previous day until 6:00 a.m. the day of pickup. Parents will be allowed to pick up meals for children if they verify on the order form that they will pick up. If parents do not verify on the order form, then children must be present to get a meal. Friday pickup will include meals for Saturday and Sunday.
Families are still encouraged to complete an application for free or reduced-price school meals. The 2020-21 application can be found here. Families must reapply each year.
Menu available here. Menu is subject to change.
Funding for free meals runs through the end of the school year. It is strongly encouraged that eligible families complete a meal application which provides more benefits in addition to free or reduced meals.
Student meal application steps:
- Please print the application/aplicación*
- Fill it out completely submit application one of these ways:
- Scan and mail it to F-RMealapp@lwsd.org, or
- Return it to your child’s school office, or
- Drop it off at the Resource Center, 16250 NE 74th St., Redmond, WA, or
- Mail it to: Business Services, PO Box 97039, Redmond, WA 98052
*For applications in other languages, please go to the USDA Food and Nutrition Service website.
Note: Children of parents who qualify for Basic Food, formerly known as food stamps, are automatically enrolled in the free lunch program. For more information, go to www.foodhelp.wa.gov.
Call the the Nutrition Services office at 425-936-1393 or email NutritionServ@lwsd.org.