In January, six high school teams in Lake Washington School District competed in the 7th Annual High School Culinary Competition.
Teachers & Certificated Employees
Lake Washington School District
Lake Washington School District is a remarkable community for teaching and learning. LWSD is the second-largest school district in Washington State and is known for award-winning schools, innovative educational programs and comprehensive supports for educators. Click below to learn more about LWSD:
- New Teacher Support Program
- District Innovation Program
- Opportunity & Equity
- MTSS & PBIS
- LWSD Strategic Plan
Strong salaries, benefits and professional support help educators in LWSD thrive
Learn more here:
- Certificated Salary Schedule
- LWEA-LWSD Contract
- Student Teaching
- New Hires & New Teacher Support Program
- Map of Lake Washington Schools
Click the link below to view openings and to start an application for employment.
- Certificated staff are hired throughout the year. The largest volume of hiring for the following school year occurs between February and June.
- Certificated roles are those that require the employee to hold a Washington State Teaching Certificate, Educational Staff Associate Certificate, or Career and Technical Education Certificate once the position begins. For more information about applying for certification, please see the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction website.
General job postings
- LWSD is a large district and uses general postings such as “High School English Teacher 2020-21” to streamline the hiring process for applicants and schools. Applying to the relevant general posting(s) will allow all schools in the district to see your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
- What is your timeline for hiring teachers?
- When will I see postings for jobs at specific schools?
- What are general postings?
- What if I only want to work in specific middle/high schools?
- What should I do if I do not have current state certification?
- Who should I list as my references?
- Where can I see the salary schedule for teachers?
- I can’t submit all of the application materials by the closing date – what should I do?
- What steps can I take in applying to best-position my application for consideration?
- I have applied for several positions and have not been interviewed – why might that be?
- I’ve already completed an application for another organization using Frontline. Am I able to import my information from that application?
- My question about applying to certificated jobs is not covered here; who can I contact with additional questions?
schools serve students in Kirkland, Redmond and Sammamish.
higher SAT scores in reading, writing and math than the national average.
of our students enter a 2- or 4-year college directly after high school.
parents, students and community members who volunteer at LWSD.
Building on Success constructions projects underway.