Sixty-one Lake Washington School District teachers achieved or renewed their National Board Certification®, as announced by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
We strongly encourage you to consider applying for substitute employment (classified or certificated) even if you desire permanent placement. Substitutes have the unique opportunity to become better acquainted with our district and each school location as well as various employment opportunities. Many of our substitutes are hired for permanent employment because staff, principals, and supervisors get to know their skills and abilities on a first-hand basis. Our application process allows you to apply for both permanent and substitute positions at the same time.
If you are interested in becoming a substitute, please complete our application form below and apply to the appropriate substitute general posting. Completed applications will be reviewed. (Confidential reference forms must be returned for an application to be considered complete.) After completed applications are reviewed, selected candidates will be contacted by the Substitute Coordinator advising them of next steps.
How to Apply
Please note that Lake Washington School District has moved to a new application system (Frontline Recruit & Hire) effective December 1, 2017.
If you submitted an application prior to this date, you must complete a new application in order to apply to jobs currently posted. Your application will be retained in active status for one school year.
Click the link below to start an application for employment. If you have an active Frontline account elsewhere, you may be able to import some of your application information. Please apply for jobs in which you either have the required prerequisite certifications, or, if you are currently completing a certificated program, you expect certification in the near future.
About Lake Washington School District
- Covers 76 square miles on the east side of the Seattle metropolitan area, with easy access to mountains, lakes and outdoor activities as well as to the cultural and civic amenities of Seattle
- Serves the cities of Kirkland, Redmond and part of Sammamish, thriving suburban cities
- Serves an area that is home to many international high tech companies like Microsoft, Google, Nintendo and more
- Serves families speaking over 100 languages
- Is the third largest district in the state of Washington, serving 27,830 students and growing
- Is a high-performing school district, with many award-winning schools
- Serves a student population including 14.5% qualifying for free/reduced price meals
- Has 27 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, 4 high schools and 13 Choice schools and programs. (Optional schooling alternatives, created to meet specific needs and interests. They are often housed in other schools and may have students from more than one level, such as grades 6-12.)