Would you wear a watch and slippers made from carbon dioxide emissions? Or brush your teeth using toothpaste made from CO₂? Before the pandemic, students at Evergreen Middle School were learning about real products that capture and store carbon dioxide that would otherwise go into the atmosphere.
We strongly encourage you to consider applying for substitute employment (classified or certificated) even if you desire permanent placement. Substitutes have the unique opportunity to become better acquainted with our district and each school location as well as various employment opportunities. Many of our substitutes are hired for permanent employment because staff, principals, and supervisors get to know their skills and abilities on a first-hand basis. Our application process allows you to apply for both permanent and substitute positions at the same time.
If you are interested in becoming a substitute, please complete our application form below and apply to the appropriate substitute general posting. Completed applications will be reviewed. (Confidential reference forms must be returned for an application to be considered complete.) After completed applications are reviewed, selected candidates will be contacted by the Substitute Coordinator advising them of next steps.
How to Apply
Click the link below to start an application for employment. If you have an active Frontline account elsewhere, you may be able to import some of your application information. Please apply for jobs in which you either have the required prerequisite certifications, or, if you are currently completing a certificated program, you expect certification in the near future.
About Lake Washington School District
- Covers 76 square miles on the east side of the Seattle metropolitan area, with easy access to mountains, lakes and outdoor activities as well as to the cultural and civic amenities of Seattle
- Serves the cities of Kirkland, Redmond and part of Sammamish, thriving suburban cities
- Serves an area that is home to many international high tech companies like Microsoft, Google, Nintendo and more
- Serves families speaking over 100 languages
- Is the second largest district in the state of Washington, serving 31,106 students (October 2019) and growing
- Is a high-performing school district, with many award-winning schools
- Serves a student population including 14.5% qualifying for free/reduced price meals
- Has 33 elementary schools, 9 middle schools, 4 high schools and 13 Choice schools and programs. (Optional schooling alternatives, created to meet specific needs and interests. They are often housed in other schools and may have students from more than one level, such as grades 6-12.)