On November 17 and 18, seventh and eighth grade Visual Art students from Rose Hill Middle School took a field trip to the Seattle Art Museum.
Internship Substitute Certificate
Acquiring the internship substitute certificate
- You will need approval via email from a few people:
- Your university supervisor
- Your cooperating teacher
- Your principal
- Second, you will need to complete the LWSD online application. Application questions can be directed to AskSubOffice@lwsd.org.
- Finally, before you will be allowed to sub for your cooperating teacher, you must view an essential employee expectations video available through the district portal. Once you have viewed it, your principal will answer any questions you may have, and then he or she will email Laura Hackenbracht confirmation that you have seen it. Your Principal will also provide you two booklets: Code of Professional Conduct and Expectations for Employee Conduct.
- Once all of this is complete, you will work with AskSubOffice@lwsd.org to complete the required new substitute paperwork and schedule your on-boarding appointment.
See the checklist below for a reminder of steps you need to take before you can substitute for your mentor teacher in the LWSD:
CHECKLIST FOR SUBSTITUTE TEACHING
- Three required emails sent to Laura Hackenbracht
- OSPI online application completed
- LWSD online application completed
- Substitute paperwork completed, including schedule to attend next New Employee Orientation
- View Expectations for Employee Conduct (aka David Seeley) video
- Principal sends confirmation email to Laura Hackenbracht in HR
- Principal provides student teacher two booklets: Code of Professional Conduct and Expectations for Employee Conduct.
For information related to the following topics, contact the person(s) indicated or send an email to: LWpathways@lwsd.org.
Student Teacher and Alternative Routes Program Director: Kathy McRae
Online placement application and questions about status of placement: Kathy McRae
Job shadows, observations, practicums and all counseling placements: Chris Robison
Certifications and/or endorsements: Neelim Randhawa
Becoming an intern substitute for your cooperating teacher: Laura Hackenbracht
Technology issues: Debbie Lee