The sixth graders at Rose Hill Middle School worked on an exciting new unit on ecosystems restoration in science this fall. During this unit, students not only learned what makes a healthy forest ecosystem but also got the opportunity to plan and execute their very own restoration project for a damaged ecosystem on Rose Hill’s campus.
Internship Substitute Certificate
Acquiring the internship substitute certificate
- You will need approval via email from a few people:
- Your university supervisor
- Your cooperating teacher
- Your principal
- Second, you will need to complete the LWSD online application. Application questions can be directed to Neelim Randhawa.
- Finally, before you will be allowed to sub for your cooperating teacher, you must view an essential employee expectations video available through the district portal. Once you have viewed it, your principal will answer any questions you may have, and then he or she will email Sam Yuhan confirmation that you have seen it. Your Principal will also provide you two booklets: Code of Professional Conduct and Expectations for Employee Conduct.
- Once all of this is complete, you will work with Tina Ayer to complete the required new substitute paperwork and schedule your on-boarding appointment.
See the checklist below for a reminder of steps you need to take before you can substitute for your mentor teacher in the LWSD:
CHECKLIST FOR SUBSTITUTE TEACHING
- Three required emails sent to Sam Yuhan
- OSPI online application completed
- LWSD online application completed
- Substitute paperwork completed, including schedule to attend next New Employee Orientation
- View Expectations for Employee Conduct (aka David Seeley) video
- Principal sends confirmation email to Sam Yuhan in HR
- Principal provides student teacher two booklets: Code of Professional Conduct and Expectations for Employee Conduct.
For information related to the following topics, contact the person(s) indicated or send an email to: LWpathways@lwsd.org.
Student Teacher and Alternative Routes Program Director: Matthew Gerard
Online placement application and questions about status of placement: Kathy McRae
Job shadows, observations, practicums and all counseling placements: Chris Robison
Certifications and/or endorsements: Neelim Randhawa
Becoming an intern substitute for your cooperating teacher: Sam Yuhan
Technology issues: Debbie Lee