Watch this video from LWSD Superintendent Dr. Jon Holmen, welcoming students back to the 2022-23 school year.
Teachers are the single greatest school-based factor in student learning and achievement. At Lake Washington School District, we are committed to providing our student teachers with a robust, enriching experience. The Pathways program was designed to ensure that student teachers completing the teaching practicum receive high quality classroom and school experiences, career readiness resources, and professional development opportunities to ensure that all interns feel included and supported during their placement in LWSD.
Pathways is led by the LWSD Human Resources Recruiting team. We are here to help you transition from student to Educator! Here are a few resources we provide to LWSD student teachers.
- Engagement events
- Networking events covering wide range of topics
- You can find information about upcoming career events here.
- Career readiness workshops & resources
- Covers topics such as resumes, cover letters, and interview techniques
- Helpful templates and mock interviews
- Application support
- One-on-one support session with the Student Teacher Coordinator
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. To sign up, please contact Kathy McRae.
Current LWSD employees interested in becoming a teacher or seeking additional information about alternative routes to certification programs may contact Matthew Gerard.
For information related to the following topics, contact the person(s) indicated or send an email to: LWpathways@lwsd.org.
Student Teacher and Alternative Routes Program Director: Kathy McRae
Online placement application and questions about status of placement: Kathy McRae
Job shadows, observations, practicums and all counseling placements: Chris Robison
Certifications and/or endorsements: Neelim Randhawa
Becoming an intern substitute for your cooperating teacher: Laura Hackenbracht
Technology issues: Debbie Lee