Lake Washington School District is currently hiring paraeducators.
Paraeducators make an important difference in the lives of our students.
Paraeducator responsibilities include:
- Individual and small-group instructional support for students who have physical, behavioral or medical needs
- Encouraging and helping students working on assignments and projects
- Helping students develop living and behavioral skills
- Supervising and assisting students in classrooms, the library, resource rooms, self-contained classrooms, playgrounds, etc.
- Supporting students’ health care needs
- Click this link for a complete job description
Why become a Paraeducator?
- Support and coach students, and make a lasting difference in their lives
- Form strong relationships with students, teachers and families
- Work in a supportive team environment
- Earn competitive pay, contributions to Washington State’s retirement system and benefits (for employees working 4+ hours a day)
Which schools have Paraeducator openings?
- LWSD currently has Paraeducator openings in elementary, middle and high schools
- For a complete list of open positions and to apply, see the online application system
What qualifications are required to become a Paraeducator?
- Washington State requires Paraeducators to have ONE of the following:
- Associate degree (AA) or higher (click here for information on international degrees) OR
- Have completed two years of study, equivalent to 72 college quarter credit hours OR
- Have graduated from high school and passed an Educational Testing Service ParaPro Assessment with a score of 461 or higher
- Haven't met one of requirements above?
- If you have graduated from high school, you will need to pass the ParaPro Assessment. Sign up for the assessment here.